Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Off-campus programs

I know I said I would post things I don't like about Dartmouth but there's something else I want to do instead so I'll do that later. Applications for Foreign Study Programs and Language Study Abroad trips are due February 1 so I have to figure out if I want to do one next year and if so where I want to go. Here are ones that sound interesting to me:

  • Anthropology/Linguistics FSP in Auckland, New Zealand
  • Spanish LSA in Barcelona, Spain
  • Geography FSP in Prague, Czech Republic
  • Religion FSP in Edinburgh, UK
  • Asian and Middle Eastern Studies/Women and Gender Studies FSP in Hyderabad, India
Ideally I would do an off-campus program during the winter so I could avoid the cold and such, but apparently they are very competitive. Upperclassmen have told me it's a good idea to apply to a lot that interest me to up my chances of getting one of them. Technically I'm exempt from the language requirement because of all the Latin I've taken, but I still want to take a spoken language at Dartmouth which is why the Spanish LSA appeals to me. But honestly that all sound good. I don't know how I'll choose!

No comments:

Post a Comment