Sunday, March 28, 2010

End of term

I have not been very good about updating my blog lately, but it's been a very hectic end of term. I miraculously managed to not fail chemistry.

My mom visited at the very beginning and we went to Boston together, which was great. I hadn't seen my mom for three and a half months and I really missed her. We went shopping and walked around (but only a little - the weather was crazy bad!).

She also came up to campus for a day or so before we went to Boston, so I got to show her around. We walked legitimately everywhere we could on campus - Occom Pond, Leverone Field House, my dorms by the Connecticut River, etc. If you look at a map of campus, you'll see that we criss-crossed it a lot. I also showed her the newsroom at The D (where I spend probably 10 hours a week) and how I walk to class and such.

Tomorrow is her birthday so I'm mailing her a package with coffee from Dirt Cowboy Cafe and a book and seeds and a card. And confetti, which will probably make a mess when she opens the package but it's pretty and sparkly so hopefully she won't mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment