Monday, May 3, 2010

Spring break

It's been a long time since my last post - sorry everybody! I thought spring term would be less chaotic than winter, but I'm realizing that every term here is crazy busy (in the best way possible!). I'm going to go ahead and break up things that have happened recently into different posts so that I don't scare you off with an overwhelmingly long essay about my life (though I'm sure everyone is dying to read something like that, right?). So that leads me into...

SPRING BREAK!

It was almost a month ago now, but it was unbelievably fun! I went with the ultimate frisbee team to a tournament in Georgia. We road tripped down in a bunch of minivans that we rented from the College. There were about 85 of us total!

As you may have realized, New Hampshire is not all that close to Georgia, so it was a ton of driving to get down there. The driving was one of my favorite parts though (no joke). I got to meet a bunch of male and female frisbee players I didn't already know or know very well.

We stayed at people's family's houses all down the East Coast and it was wonderful! Everyone's parents were incredibly generous and kind and it was so relaxing to be back in a home, even if it wasn't mine.

And then we played frisbee in Georgia, and the first day it was really hot (yay sunburns!). The second day was rainy but it was still fun. I am from Seattle after all, so the rain is pretty familiar. After Georgia, we went up to beach houses in South Carolina. It was so idyllic! We had two houses right on the beach and we went on beach walks and perused cute little shops and hung out. I found the best shell I've ever found too! This doesn't sound very exciting, but trust me, it's a pretty great shell.

After that we road tripped back up to Hanover. I was nervous about the trip beforehand because I felt like I didn't know most of the people very well, but it was a fantastic (how many positive adjectives can I use in one post? This is just how great it was!) experience and now I want to go every year. I got to go to a bunch of states I'd never been to before - Connecticut, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia - and meet new people and relax and play frisbee. We also played a lot of Bananagrams, which I highly recommend to everyone if you've never played before!

Summary: Spring break was wonderful/excellent/lovely/awesome/amazing/fantastic! Sorry for the blogging hiatus - I'm back in action now.

No comments:

Post a Comment