Saturday, May 8, 2010

My week

I'm busy once again studying for a chemistry test. Luckily this is the last term of chem I'm taking (if you can't tell by now, chemistry is NOT my subject). Tonight I'm going to a high school stereotypes themed party and I think I'm going as a teacher's pet - jumper, polo, headband, etc. My friend Angie is going as a foreign exchange student, so yesterday we went to West Lebanon (home of Wal-Mart, Kmart, TJ Maxx and some other stores) to find her a Hello Kitty mini-backpack. I was really skeptical that we would be able to find one (it's a little... specific, especially to be hunting for in a small New Hampshire town) but the first store we went to had a Hello Kitty mini-backpack on sale for $6. What a steal!

We also went into a pet store and looked at a bunch of rodents and birds. They had a 14-year-old parrot that cost $10,000. After that we came back to Hanover and saw the movie Babies at the Nugget, the local movie theater where movies are only $4.50 for Dartmouth students. Babies was possibly the cutest movie ever. EVER. It's essentially clips of babies' lives for an hour and a half with no dialogue.

Next post: First Year Parents Weekend! My parents were here last weekend and it was wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment