Monday, May 3, 2010

Student Assembly elections

I was assigned to the Student Assembly beat for The D this term, which means I got to cover the student body presidential and vice presidential elections in April (part of the reason I was so busy)!

It was really cool to know what was going on all the time with the elections. I got to talk to the candidates a lot and meet people I would probably never have met otherwise. It also taught me a lot about SA, which is basically Dartmouth's student government organization, and what issues that are important to different groups on campus.

Eric Tanner '11 won the presidency and Brandon Aiono '11 won the vice presidency so any of you '14s reading this will likely hear Eric (and maybe Brandon) speak at some point during orientation.

Here they are! This picture is taken from The D website and went along with an article I wrote about Eric (who's one the left) and Brandon.

No comments:

Post a Comment